Got this book, "Making Things Talk" by By Tom Igoe. Split the cost with Pete, he had it first and when I got it I asked him if it was any good. He said "yeah" in a kinda noncommittal way and would not elaborate. I think maybee he didn't read it or the monkey on the cover intimidated him. I really don't know. Anyway it was recommended on the sparkfun.com site and I like the site and the tutorials have been good and I respect the guys that do the site so if they recommended this I thought that meant something. I just started reading it and it is interesting so far. It is about interfacing electronic stuff (hardware objects) to this and that. Like controlling stuff with your computer and wireless networks, but cool. I will know more after I get into it. What I really want to do is make stuff that communicates with my computer and controls things.
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Making Things Talk
Got this book, "Making Things Talk" by By Tom Igoe. Split the cost with Pete, he had it first and when I got it I asked him if it was any good. He said "yeah" in a kinda noncommittal way and would not elaborate. I think maybee he didn't read it or the monkey on the cover intimidated him. I really don't know. Anyway it was recommended on the sparkfun.com site and I like the site and the tutorials have been good and I respect the guys that do the site so if they recommended this I thought that meant something. I just started reading it and it is interesting so far. It is about interfacing electronic stuff (hardware objects) to this and that. Like controlling stuff with your computer and wireless networks, but cool. I will know more after I get into it. What I really want to do is make stuff that communicates with my computer and controls things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment