Sunday, December 09, 2007

Eagle Cad Tutorial

I have been trying to figure out how to cut pc boards on my sherline. I need a way to translate the pc board image into gcode. While doing searches I came across a tutorial on instructables on eagle cad. I installed the freeware version of eagle cad and spent some time doing the tutorial.

Hopefully I can use it to make a schematic, pcboard, then somehow convert that to gcode. Otherwise I will try the chemical etching route, which is my least favorite right now because I don't want to deal with caustic chemicals.

Here is my first schematic which is the one from the tutorial, though not as neat.











There is also a tutorial on making a PCB from your schematic on eagle cad. This is my first pcb, though if I was going to make it I would require more fussing with.



No comments: