Sunday, December 03, 2006

PIC Programming 16F628A

I am getting frustrated. The documentation on the web for programming has not been so great. I finally got the blinkin program to work on the Pic Programmer. I am using the free IC-PROG, which seems to do the job though I had a bunch of errors, mostly associated with some address that did not verify correctly. Running it multiple times seemed to make it finally work. By work, I mean loaded the hex file onto the PIC. As for blinking, no luck. I finally figured it was using the incorrect oscillator callout. Even though the tutorial said that IC-Prog would select if for me. After a frustrating search for what the various oscillator callouts meant, I decided that IntRC CLKOUT might be worth a try, and the leds are blinking at as 6 sec on, 6 sec off cycle. It is supposed to blink at a 1 sec on, 1 sec off cycle.

No comments: