There was a major folk instrument maker in town that sold out. It was really cool having them around and we had one of their instruments, so it was a surprise last fall when I had decided to buy another dulcimer for M that when we went down, the new owners were just about finished packing up the business to move it to Indiana! M ended up buying the dulcimer she wanted online that was made in town but I was very bummed to have them leave.
This weekend, just as I was getting in the car to leave for the first real tag sale day for me and S this year, M comes out and tells me that they are having a TS at the workshop where they used to make musical instruments. Of course we went there first. If I had more money I would have spent more. They had alot. Including alot of things that I could not afford, like rough board exotic wood and tons of instruments. Mostly stuff that had been hanging around for years and broken, but that is right up my alley. I can't afford the spiffy new stuff but I think I enjoy a beater fixer upper instrument more at times.
Cool things I got,
Incomplete 3 string dulcimer, old uke, with free crack on back and real old timey wood pegs, courting dulcimer, weird one string sliding "fret" instrument. A harp kit, a pallet of dulcimer parts, with a couple/3 dulcimers in partical assembly, antother almost complete dulcimer, a bowed psaltry, and 27 3'x1' deep heavy duty shelving, and 12 40" x24" deep shelving.
I might have missed a thing or two.
Sunday, May 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment