Sunday, August 19, 2007

Arcade Machine - Cool Pool Catalina Games 1992


I went ahead and bough a broken Cool Pool Arcade Machine.
It has a failure during boot and has a PROM failure U4. After looking at the solvalou site link that shows pics of the PROMs I think U4 is the actual PROM that is failing. Knowing almost nothing about arcade machines doesn't bother me in fact that is part of the reason for getting into this. It will be a nice expedition. Other neat things about it are the coin mechanism will be nice to fool with and it also has a track ball. It is a little grindy but I think I can rebuild it. Don't know but will take a look.

There are two panels on the front that are locked open, one panel in the back locked. I have been meaning to try to learn lockpicking and it would be a nice challenge to open these. The ultimate would be to make keys for them. That would just be gratifying.

Did a google search on topic, but not much useful came up. I think google is just not what it used to be. From what I have read the way google comes up with "good" searches is probably part of the problem. It supposedly categorized by the popularity of the clicked links people use and thus doesn't come up with the technical links I need. It comes up with the mass popular links. This is just what I imagine but the fact remains, the searches just miss alot of good stuff.

To continue with the aside, I have started looking for different search engines. Irony, didn't find any good links to other search engines on google.

Search Engines
http://www.accoona.com


Sites of interest.

Mame
http://www.mame.net/

Looks like a classified site for arcade machine stuff
http://www.quarterarcade.com/Game.aspx/4687?m=3

Site with rom info for arcade games, MAME.
http://www.solvalou.com/subpage/arcade_roms/C/coolpool

No comments: