This is a jeep I got years ago. It is a mongrel and a poorly done one at that.
Anyway it used to run before the head gasket blew. (I think the guy I bought it from did a "fix in a can" to unload it on me. And the locking hub mechanism flew off. Strangely several of the bolts appear to have been sheared but put back in with some sort of glue.
Not the last the front right wheel mounting bolts were loose when I tried to take off the wheel. That is the studs were loose on their mounts.
I finally decided to deal with it for various reasons and spent an hour grinding the 3 nuts off the bolts, and finally got the wheel off. Next I will get the hub off to see what I can do to repair it.
I think I am going to practice using a cutting torch on it and chop off all the poorly done junk on it like the monstrous plow hitch and the junky roll cage and the weird winch on the back. I really can't hurt much.
Found some links that are somewhat related:
Guy rebuilding his axle
No comments:
Post a Comment