Sunday, March 16, 2008

Doings, Polar Fitness, Ikea, Laptops, Cameras






I have been continuing with my fitness program (weight loss and beginning to exercise)

My weight is below 180lb and that puts me at 40LBS + of weight lost since Jan 5, 2008.

With some hitches I have been doing my fitness program:

Situps
Pushups
Beginning chin ups, but I can't do one yet! I just finished making my revision .1 I It works as planned, as far as I know the ceiling capture of the 2X4 is novel. Of course few have open joist homes, except in the basement. I am pretty proud of myself for thinking of it, and am not going to go looking to see if someone else has done it already for a while so I and at least imagine that it is my original idea.

Decided that I would spring the extra money for a laptop. I have my desktops and they are okay, they are in the p4 2.0 - p4 2.8 ghz. The most "advanced" laptop I have is a fujitsu b142 lifebook that is okay as a web browser, and main advantage is that it is compact (7" screen) and works with open office. I had to upgrade to win 2k and lost the use of the touchscreen, but it ran very crappy with win 98. Screen is very dim, even for it's time.

I am leaning towards getting a lenovo from newegg. I was looking at the lenovo thinkpad workstations and I just don't have the cash to spring up to that. Another thing about the Y3000 is the 4 hour battery life, I am not sure but I think that is decent. Most laptops wont even list battery life in the specs.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834146366

I envision using it around the house, maybe at work (to make my work life less frustrating) I suppose I could get work to buy a laptop I could use but I just would not feel I had the freedom with it to really make it work right for me. At least I think they would let me bring mine to work so I could use it. Most immediately I have started to have to manage projects and it is a real waste of time to have to write things down for meetings then have to type it all into the computer later, I don't have that kind of time to waste at work, and being there more than 8 hours a day is the path to really wasting time and the fastest way I know of to reduce productivity. (unless it is to meet a immediate and temporary cause)

I got the lowepro backpack for my camera, and the remote shutter trigger.

The backpack is a lowepro fastpack 250. I like it fine, I really want to start hiking again this year and I think it will be comfortable and roomy enough to take a lunch and the camera.

I also just got the Nikon ML-L3 remote shutter trigger. To use it I did have to go into the setup menu and flag using the remote. From there you just trigger the remote to shoot a picture, there are two modes, one is delayed shutter release and the other is fast.

It is IR so you have to be in front of the camera, more or less.

No comments: