Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ginger Bread Lighthouse and RC Planes

We made the gingerbread lighthouse, it came out pretty good. S worked really hard to make the dough, roll and cut the patterns and bake them. Also she made frosting. Then she asked me to help assemble the lighthouse. I designed it on CAD and made the patterns for S. I started in on the baked pieces assembling the base. I had to figure out how to hold and assemble the lighthouse, it was getting a bit dicey. S may have mentioned out loud as much. It did work out in the end. I had to do some trimming of the side walls of the tower because it became apparent that they were really not the same lenght and the tower top would be crooked if left alone. We did have some buckling problems with the side but some gentle prodding and extra frosting glue fixed that.

S was to show the lighthouse at Thanksgiving diner and it made the trip without breaking.










Got to finally fly my Parkzone Trojan T-28. Had some trim issues on the first flight, it would want to nose up and seemed like it wanted to flip over but not exactly. I did adjustments to the trim on the control and more or less got it to fly better and I was flying better. I had some problems taking off and landing. The wheels just don't like grass path to takeoff on. I had to launch it from hand but it flew great that way. On the 3rd landing I clipped the wing tip on a pallet of pavers I had. It tore the wing off. Fortunately it only amounted to a little chunk of foam and plastic reinforcement for the rear wing connection. I had it fixed for today and got a flight out without wrecking it.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: