Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Hexapods, Dymaxions andn EMC2

I decided to try out EMC2, a linux based cnc machine controller. It runs on 2 versions of ubuntu with live cds available. I burned both to see how they are. I was able to get both to run and they look pretty interesting. I was not able to casually figure out how to get them to run my lathe. I didn't use any of the documentation. I will take a look later.

EMC2 mentions having control code for hexapods. Hexapods are interesting. I googled to see if anyone was running emc2 to control a hexapod and nothing came up.

On a search tangent to hexapod I found a link to the buckminster fuller challenge website, looks like an easy $100K to me, just save the world;-)

On a basic level I agree with a lot of what is quoted there. The movie on the page has the really neat dymaxion car which put me on a search on youtube for footage. And found some neat dymaxion video there.

I would love to make a skin for a honda that copies the dymaxion airframe.






http://challenge.bfi.org/movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6g610buepo

No comments: