This is the most I have spent for a 2 wheeled bike in 20 years. It is missing a shift lever and cable to the front derailleur and the paint is bubbling in a bunch of places. Tires (700 x 23C) are not great but are not plainly cracked and ready to fail.
So overall it is in pretty good shape.
I rode it up and down the street and I thought it was pretty decent. Of course the last 10 speed (the Canondale is a 14 speed) that I rode was a Huffy. And if I do ride a bike on the street it is my Trek 820 mountain bike. I am going to swap levers from a Bianchi parts bike I have just to complete the Canondale and see how it goes. I am not really picky on things like this. I will have to take a better look at the tires, any old tires that could be 22 years old really should be replaced. They may be newer, do look like they could be from 1986.

No comments:
Post a Comment