I think I have it! I read the harris welding manual and worked out what I needed to do at the torch end to get it to cut. As it turned out it was pretty simple, I was running too small a tip, adjusting the flame incorrectly, and was a bit confused with the 2 oxygen valve setup. Oh and also I had the acetylene set way to low at the torch. I was able to cut a freehand square/rectangle and a couple stars. Pretty nice and quick. I wish I had got a set like this years ago.
I think I have enough gas in the tanks to last me a little while. They are still running on what was in them when I bought them (second hand). I am a bit worried about getting them refilled. I misplaced my bill of sale, but the company that does the refilling has me on their computer, the man I bought the tanks from had done the transfer with them. Unfortunately I forgot their name and they were not easy to find as I recall. I'll figure it out. I own the tanks but they swap the tanks for filled ones.
Still running the plan for making my garage a workshop. I got 10 pallets from tractor supply. A buck a piece and rather poor quality but the only place I know to get them local.
S and I did the Tag Sale thing yesterday and the weather was sweet! Got a bunch of loot. Got a few blowguns (very dirty and neglected but cheap), a arrow fletching kit (been looking for one for a while), a nail gun (uses remington blanks), and a jotto desk computer stand for vehicles (minus mounting base, they sold the car). I got 2 small sailboat hulls for free that I have to pick up, they come minus sails, masts and all that, but that is ok. The people had bought 8 at auction and sold the complete ones, and these were left. I actually left and went back to the Tag Sale. I had to think about it and it worked out that I decided they would be perfect for me to make a pedal boat that I had been talking about for a while.
That's all for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment