Had to restore the windows 98 again on my antique Laptop. The Fujitsu B142 is a small touchscreen 300 mhz pentium computer. It is adequite for web browsing and average stuff but obviously will not run bloatware.
You have to take it apart to get to the hd.
The last straw was that I had trouble getting onto the internet and I am pretty sure it is a Windows 98 problem plus the sound does not work anymore, and the touchscreen needs recalibration every time I turn it on.
I have a fujitsu restore disk, and it is a big convienience, since you probably had to restore quite a bit back in the day. The hard drive I am using has been used many times for various projects from being reformatted to work with a neuros osd, to having win xp installed for a itx computer. As it worked out that was not to the satisfaction of the fujitsu restore, and it died with a compaint about disk being full. I used Darkik's Boot and Nuke to wipe the hd.
As of 9:33pm it is working with the new hd, fresh install and same D-Link Airplus pcmcia card.
I did find some references to putting linux on the B142 and some people were nice enough to work out drivers for linux for the touchscreen. If I have more trouble with Win 98 I will try the linux install which is just about certain.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment