Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Spot Welder

Made some progress on the welder this weekend. Am programming a PIC Microcontroller to run the time cycle and took a old sewing machine foot pedal and converted it to a on/off switch, the guts were toast anyway. A prize from the free box on some long ago Tag Sale. The Transformer is from a dead microwave I cut the secondary coil away with a chisel and wound about 4 turns of heavy wire to get 4volts to do the welding. Will see how it comes out. It does heat up a thin piece of SS enough to burn the wood block I had under it, a nice 1/4" diameter black mark. And that with only 1 sec of duration.


I finally am making progress with programming the PIC 16F628, It was very frustrating trying to figure out the settings in the programmer. I finally found something that worked and am sticking with it for now. I think I can actually do some useful stuff and have it be a time saver and make it possible to make some cool stuff.



 
 

No comments: